SUMMER HAPPENINGS AND ADDITIONS
Marilyn had our 13th grandbaby this month!! She's an absolute doll, and I have to say, hahha....the doctor pronounced her an absolute "Grandma look-a-like" which pleased me, of course. She looks like Marilyn and Cooper. She's a good baby, and Cooper has totally accepted her from the start. No jealousy at all. WHEW! I enjoyed being with Marilyn and the family during that time and love getting to be with the grandkids. I'm going to put up a bulletin board and cover it with all the pics I took of them and put it where I can look at it often! I love being in their presence, it gives me energy and comfort. I'm so thankful for the Plan, for the Lord Jesus' Atonement that we can have our families forever....what an AWESOME blessing!!!
At the same time, my mom who'd been with us for a month, decided to go home and be there while I had other priorities. I knew she'd be fine and checked in with her every few hours. All was well.
I stayed at Barbie's a few nights this month and had Ressa with me for a few days as well as Melody and Austin, too. And I got to have them, as I requested, each alone. That was fun!! Otherwise they just play with one another and I'm just the cook, or maid, hahaha....no, but I really love getting to be with them one on one and do things with them. We had a good time.
I'm still enjoying my RS calling. I do miss the Primary, though. Nothing stays the same, there's always changes and new opportunities and new things to learn. Speaking of which I'm studying Spanish for the third time. The other previous experiences I've had learning the language have made this time easier yet. I'm determined and hope to be able to use it daily someday. I just love to talk to people and want to visit with everyone....so you gotta know the lingo to do that. I'm trying.
My brother came for a visit this past July. One night he and his wife and his buddy Pete and his wife, Rog and I and my mom went to a really fun place. It is called Frisco's Carhop Restuarant where they had a disco singer and his wife, both sang great and it was all so much fun and got everyone involved that we ended up dancing, singing, doing the "hand jive", YMCA, Electric Slide and a few things I'd never heard of....it was great entertainment and Grammy got to dance with Dave as did I. She got to dance with Pete and a man at the next table. Grammy loved all that attention! She danced!!! She's 87, but got up and danced. Good for Grammy. She wants to do that again! We will. Pete and Penny are great friends from way back. Pete and Dave were in grade school together and Pete and Dave joined the Navy together. It was fun seeing them all again.
We got to go to dinner with John and Peg tonight. We used to go out once or twice a week with them for years but since we moved that all changed. Both us couples talk about that....we miss the fun we used to have. Didn't we have fun going to the lake and then the river?!!! All our kids were about the same ages and I'm happy they still communicate with one another. They are all like family to us. It's been a great friendship, very unique.
Well, I'd better close....I've just read Steph's blog and loved it. April's busy at camp. Hope she's not tented up on an anthill. It will be fun to hear her stories.
Oh, we got to attend the Orange Stake 80's Youth Reunion. It was fun seeing Brent and Kenny Brague and John and Greg Collier. They are in their late 30's!!!! That is unbelievable!! They came running up to me, Sister S........!!!! Remember us???? You cut our hair!!!! Remember?? Why yes.....oh my gosh!!!! LOOK AT YOU!!! YOU'RE GROWN UP!!!! Am I really this old, I asked myself.....don't feel it! Certainly hope I don't look it! Hahahahaha.....wow....Barbie and David Merrill sang together to the Karioke machine....sounded great, they did!!!! That was fun. Steph was down and April came too, as well as Marilyn and her husband, so all my girls were together there and earlier in the day Mike and Danny joined them for lunch at CPK. It was great being there with all my kids. Nothing's better than that, nor funnier!! They are a scream!!!
I've had a busy summer and am trying to generate some ideas for RS activities this fall and winter. If anyone has some fantastic ideas, call me! My mind has been on my kids, my grandbabies and my mom so, you know how that goes....what's more important???? :)
So, back to business...I guess.


2 Comments:
Good to see you updating your blog. Very fun to read the run down of what has been happening. Not a dull moment in this family, that is for sure! :D
Sounds like you have been very busy! Congratulations on your new Grand Baby!! How fun and exciting. Love and miss you - Natalie
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home