THIS WEEK AT MY PLACE
Monday I took her for a tour of the area, then there was the Lunch Bunch Tuesday, then the Country Club Dinner and Bingo on Wednesday and the street fair on Thursday and then Friday??? Not sure. I'm thinking of taking her home today and getting more clothes and cleaning out her fridge...hmmmm.....I'd better think fast, the morning's moving on.
A good friend came over after the luncheon Tuesday and showed Austin and I another way to play Scrabble! It was really fun, in fact, Austin played it the rest of the day! It's where you lay out the tiles face down in the center of the table, all of them and then each person pick 4. You DON'T use the Scrabble board, you just play on the table in front of you. You try to make a word out of the 4 tiles. When someone does, he says, "Draw" and everyone picks 4 more tiles from the center. Each time someone makes another word, he calls out "Draw" and you draw 4 more until they are all taken up. Then, each person just keeps trying to put together words from their tiles, re-arranging them, looking up from the dictionary words as they please until all tiles have been used up and made into words....Its like your own Scrabble game in front of you....looks like a crossword puzzle. It can be done as a Solitaire game or with others, setting a time limit as to how long to take, counting up the letter values as you do on the board, and keeping score that way, or just passing time, learning new words, strategies, etc. It was hours of fun for us that day!
My mom has really enjoyed being here with us this week. I think she'll come to stay for good, pretty soon.
Have a really nice week, folks. I love my family!!


3 Comments:
Sounds busy around your place. I'm sure you have all had a good time. Grammy must be in heaven with all of those activities each day. You will need to take a long nap over the weekend. :D Take care!
Thanks for stopping by!!! We just got back from swimming at the duck pond! Hahhaha...No, it really was pretty clean.....I'm heading for the shower now!! :)
We've had fun today bowling; Austin and I. He did great. I took Grammy with me...I'll write a blog about it. She went visiting teaching with me. She loved it and they loved her!! "She's ADORABLE!!!!" one lady exclaimed, over and over. "She's SO PRETTY!!!!" another one declared. It was cute to see them just so adoring of my mom. CUTE!!! Gotta get to bed....my day starts early! :) Hahahhaa...Love yous, Mom
I'm so glad you and Grammy have had a fun week. We've been so busy here that I couldn't call you back to find out what's been going on.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home