The 4th, Reunion, Greatest Kids!
My mom moved in with me that day. All the kids came to our house for Father's Day dinner and so brought Grammy out and that's how it came about. My mom would've been too lonely there by herself. She lived just a few doors away from Sal and even though she had friends there in that complex, she needed to be around family. She's getting a little too forgetful to be alone.
It was great getting to be with all my kids the other day. Steph had come down by herself for the first time since the end of December! It was wonderful being with her as we did a little shopping together and stayed at Barbie's together. Then Marilyn, who's due in a week or so, valiantly joined us as we met at CPK in Seal Beach and enjoyed lunch together, the boys came and joined us, too....April came later as we all met at Don Jose's in Tustin, one of our old meeting places...and so then after that we all went to the Orange Stake Center for the Orange Stake 80's Youth Reunion headed up by Brent Brague and Joanna Brooks. It was fun seeing all the kids we used to see so often. The fact that Rog was the Stake Athletic Director for 8 years enabled me to know so many of the kids in the stake. It was fun seeing them. There were only about 50 there. Word was a little lacking in getting out. Sad, because it was fun! Barbie and David Merrill did a duet Karioke of "Summer Love". It was a riot! They did a great job of it! :)
I got to visit my cousin the other day which just made me feel so blessed to have a blood relative fairly close to me. My dad was so involved with his business that we really didn't do much visiting of relatives. What am I saying??? There weren't many relatives around SoCal when I was growing up. They were in Texas and Arizona and so I didn't really get to be close to any except my older cousin Pat. That was fun, but I haven't gotten to see her in 10 years. Sad.
And also my cousin by adoption, Nancy who lives in Arkansas. She and I corresponded all the years we were raising our kids and then she came out for a visit in '98. It was fun. It's nice to stay in communication with relatives. And then I discovered a cousin who we just hadn't known each other as children except through my grandmother's sister. They are now in HB and it's been my great pleasure to have gotten to go visit her and discover a wonderful friend in her. Anyway, this cousin that's in HB is the nicest person and so easy to talk to. We have much in common as to our personalities and in our great aunts that we share common knowledge. We're both looking forward to more visits and dinners together.
We had a great 4th weekend with all my girls and boys together!! Loved it so much!!! I can't say enough about it. It's a mother's greatest joy to know her children love and care for one another. Mine do and it gives me such happiness. Can't even describe it; words fail me. I love to look at each of them and then watch them as they get such a kick out of each other and laugh so at each other's jokes and stories. It's better than ANY entertainment anywhere!!! They are all so much fun to be around. There's no bad feelings amongst them and they are all so supportive of each other. They have shown great understanding for one another as well as forgiveness, tenderness and care. When they were little I'd often wonder, as they would be scrapping and chasing and crying and fighting, and, and, and ...."Will they ever love one another???" Then, as they grew into teens they became close and as adults they have behind them great stories of support for one another and love and concern. It's a beautiful tapestry they've woven and are weaving to this day. I love them so and am soooo proud of them. They are my JOY!!!! Thank you kids for everything!!! They not only care for one another, but they care for us, too! XOXOOXOX, Mom


4 Comments:
Sound like a lot of fun! Miss you - Natalie
I am sorry to hear about Sal... I heard you guys talk about him. It is so sweet of you to have your mom come and live with you... I hope she loves it there. (Really, how could she not?)
Sisters are the best.... it is a little sad how long it takes us to really appreciate each other but at least it happens eventually!
That was a great recap of last weekend Mom. Thank you! I'm looking forward to seeing more of the kids we hung around at ElMo tonight at the reunion. Should be fun!
Oh that's right!!! TONIGHT! TONIGHT!! That will be fun!!! Wish I could be a fly on the wall.. :) Love, Mom
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home