My Photo
Name:
Location: CA

I'm a Gramma now to 17 grandkiddles from 2yrs to 26 years, (7 boys and 10 girls)....and have 6 precious, grown and beloved children: 4 beautiful daughters and 2 handsome sons that I absolutely adore and some great sons in law that entertain me and endure me, hahha...thanks guys! I have a king of a husband; the bravest, most enduring, and clean-minded man I know! He is my hero!! We have been married 47 yrs and it shows...we both have silver hair..only mine is a bit camo-ed. Character is of utmost importance to me. Trust is paramount and I have never once had to worry about my husband. I wish all women could say the same. He is truly my best friend. Being together with my family is the best of times. Otherwise, I do have many interests and enjoy many activities. I have to keep busy and love to serve. We are so pleased with the way our kids are raising their children; to be good citizens and great people who love the Lord. Compassion for others and savvy understanding of human nature seems to be the hallmark of what makes our life a good one. We care about others, but know to be careful about enabling people. I is a fine line and a tough one to learn.

Saturday, March 01, 2008

I'll finish this later.....

Thank you all for coming by for a visit, wish I had had some really interesting blog for you to read. Finally, I got a pc that works. It's nice to have something that has some games worth playing. Now, mind you, I play at the most 3 games of Mah Jong solitaire. I heard it helps you delay the onset of Alzheimer's, so just in case, I'm playin'!!! :)

I have really enjoyed the tap class, my job and getting to see April's kiddies more. Going to class up by her is nice and it's on the way to my mom's....with gas the way it is and my time so limited, I have to work as many visits and reasons as possible into my trips. Then, we read where gas was going to $4/gal. What is that???

I had a great time the other night, teaching/talking to the YW. I brought them those 5x7 wooden picture frames with the frame being 3" wide...Gave them a lot of room to paint and decorate. They seemed to enjoy it. During that time the leaders asked me to tell about myself. I ended up after one girl asked me what I liked to paint/draw the most...I told her "people and landscapes". I told her that I had drawn several pictures of "memories" I had of stories my grandfather would tell. He was a great story teller, and as I relayed some of those stories to the girls the room was so quiet, mouths were agape..it was fun. Anyway, I drew one picture of the "Old Cliff-dwelling couple".

5 Comments:

Blogger Buffy said...

I'm glad you are really enjoying the tap class. It's good for you and your heart. I just read some articles about keeping our heart healthy. Black beans, avocado, oranges, nuts (mainly almonds), fiber rich foods are all good and exercise. We knew all of that but it's nice to read about it again. Have a good day.

Wed Mar 05, 06:49:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Dar said...

While Dad's getting the mail at the post office, or some other 30 minute trek, I throw on my tap shoes and go to town....hahhahha...He doens't like my loud music. :) Thanks for the reply. Love you, Mom

Wed Mar 05, 08:22:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Amie said...

Woohoo! I'm happy for you that you got a new computer... old ones are so frustrating.

I would love to come to you tap recital!

Tue Mar 11, 08:40:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Aunty Barbs said...

It was great to see a new post on your blog! I love that you were keeping the YW in stitches waiting for the rest of the story. It's all in the telling and you've got that down!! You nailed it!!! I love it when the Primary kids all look like they're listening. They are either trying really hard to be reverent or they are actually listening - sometimes it's hard to tell - haha.

Sat Mar 15, 12:40:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Dar said...

That's true!! hahhah... I love telling stories, it was fun. I used to think I had to tell them like "Dad-Dad" told them, but I just tell them like I remember and it seems to be "good enough"! Mitty, Casey and Brandon always beg for more, hahaha..so I give 'em one more! I laughed a few months ago when Melody called me one night, at bedtime and asked, "Gramma, tell me a story, a really scarey story!" Oh Melody, maybe in the morning, not tonight, you'll have nightmares... I can't remember which story I told her, but it wasn't really scarey...she didn't ask again. Glad she has the kitty now. Love, Mom

Sat Mar 15, 10:51:00 PM 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home