My Photo
Name:
Location: CA

I'm a Gramma now to 17 grandkiddles from 2yrs to 26 years, (7 boys and 10 girls)....and have 6 precious, grown and beloved children: 4 beautiful daughters and 2 handsome sons that I absolutely adore and some great sons in law that entertain me and endure me, hahha...thanks guys! I have a king of a husband; the bravest, most enduring, and clean-minded man I know! He is my hero!! We have been married 47 yrs and it shows...we both have silver hair..only mine is a bit camo-ed. Character is of utmost importance to me. Trust is paramount and I have never once had to worry about my husband. I wish all women could say the same. He is truly my best friend. Being together with my family is the best of times. Otherwise, I do have many interests and enjoy many activities. I have to keep busy and love to serve. We are so pleased with the way our kids are raising their children; to be good citizens and great people who love the Lord. Compassion for others and savvy understanding of human nature seems to be the hallmark of what makes our life a good one. We care about others, but know to be careful about enabling people. I is a fine line and a tough one to learn.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My Happy Moher's Day 2008

I had a really great Mother's Day weekend!!! Thanks kids for making it so wonderful!

First, Dad and I drove out to Grammy's and I got her situated with her meds just right...:) Then, Barbie and Jim and Dad and I went to the OC Swap meet. It was like old times, remember girls? We saw everything and yes, there were a lot of interesting things to consider. The only thing I came across was an old "Golden Book" Jingle Bell Jack with Miss Frances!! I'm sure none of you remember her...She spoke so p-r-o-p-e-r-l-y. I actually didn't like the way she pronounced her words but was somehow facsinated watching her. Hahaha.. You know little kids....

After the swap meet we went to see IRONMAN again! It was so good. We really got a kick out of it and was so happy to see Robert Downey Jr., in such a good role. He's been on my prayer list for years. I've always had a soft spot for him knowing he got started in drugs around 7 yrs. old. Poor little kid, didn't seem to have anyone around that was particularly interested in his welfare. Then living out his years getting into so much trouble and looking so sad. I'm so glad to see him doing good things.

Instead of going out to dinner, Jim left for the store and brought back steaks to throw on the "barb-i" . He used actual briquets and cooked them perfectly!! I've never barbequed, myself. Don't know if I'd know how, but we sure know one woman who can, don't we.....Sister so and so in Huntington Beach 7th. Hahahhaa... Her husband had a serious condition and couldn't do that sort of thing so she learned and did a great job. It's kind of a private joke.... Well, its just that Dad has mentioned it 10,000 times whenever the word barbecue comes up...I get a little tired of hearing how that woman did it so flawlessly!! Hahahahhaa.... Anyway, Barbie was a flawless hostess and made baked red potatoes and mixed them up with green onions and a little sour cream and a little Mrs. Dash! They were BETTER than Gramma's potato salad! Can you b'lieve it?? She also made up a great salad and had rolls to go with everything....OH, AND MY FAVORITE....she sliced up zuchini and yellow squash and cooked them, adding some fresh parmesaen....I love that!! It was a marvelous dinner!!

We spent the night there and next morning dressed, well, kind of....Dad forgot his dress pants when he left and so wore his black Levi's. He looked great! He's thinking he just may adopt that for every Sunday! Of course, I will never go along with that!!! :) We went and picked up Grammy all dutied up in her new clothes. She wore a light, flouncy leopard and roses print skirt and a red sweater with her black earrings and beads. She was darling! She enjoyed the day tremendously!

After church, because of the situation, and all the family present, we went to Katella Deli and enjoyed a great time with almost all our kids. Steph and her family couldn't come down. There were 17 at the table and it was funny, every once in a while I would hear someone in the distance do a "Shhhhhhhh"....and the talking would quiet down for a while, then it would be back up there everyone enjoying the attention and love they felt from one another. It was a great get together. Marilyn, after dinner was eaten, sneaked into the bakery section and bought a Strawberry Cheese Cake and brought it to the table. She cut it up and served it to all at the table. Her waitressing experience just comes in handy almost EVERYTIME she's at a restuarant and the funny thing is no one notices her. She just moves right in as if she works there! Hahahahah.... I think I remember Mike pulling the same antic......hahahhaa..remember that one Thanksgiving at Knott's?!!!! Did he go into the kitchen and bring something out? Or did he just go to the doors and ask for something. Don't remember, except it was funny. Of course, me being the mother, I'm down under the table or maybe that's just my psyche under there...hoping no one will realize I am the mother...hahahhahaha... Just kidding. My kids are all funny and I have probably encouraged it through my sense of humor...and appreciation for theirs'.

Leaving the restuarant we heard Mike fire up his revved up '64 Nova. Grammy heard it and said she wanted to ride with him. He drove it around for her to get in. Little Mark was already in the back seat and Austin piled in, too. Grammy got in the front, we got her belted in and away they went. It was so funny to watch the people in the parking lot looking at Grammy, this little white haired, darling lady in this hot rod....her little head just peeping up over the door panel. It was a riot. Then, Mike turned east, went to the light, did a u-turn and came back by...excellerating just a little more than usual...he didn't squeal the tires, bless him! He did chirp them a little! Hahaha....She had a great time. Said it was the best day of her life having her grandkids there and having her neighbors "see" her grandkids. She's a proud lady, that's for sure and wants everyone to notice. Where did I come from? I am proud of my kids and want the same things but I just don't want to say it out loud....I don't want to be obvious about it. Hahah.... We had a great time. She got to sit by Megan for a while at dinner which she enjoyed. Then she got to sit between Danny and Mike and enjoy their attention. Mike was tending to Cooper giving Marilyn time to eat. Danny sat close to me, Mark, Joey and Austin and we got a kick out of the jokes big Mark would throw out. He's so funny! Ressa and Melody had a good time with Mark and Brandon at the end of the table....Glad they could all be together.
Once back at Grammy's house the kids played pitch and as Austin and Mark would throw and catch the baseball, little Cooper would clap and get so excited. The girls were getting rides on Grammy's walker with Brandon being the motor! He gave them all a great time and the neighbors came out and joined in the fun. They loved hearing the laughter of kids. There's not much noise in Leisure World.

So, today, I'm working on last minute details for Enrichment night tonight. It will be fun, I think. If not, we'll make it fun! I'm determined to get things going! I want the sisters to feel glad they came, glad to be there and sorry to have to leave. Those are my goals! :)

Love you all and hope your Mother's Day was a good one, too. I have all the cards to go over and over. Love them. Thank you so, all of you!!! :) :) :) Mom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home