My Photo
Name:
Location: CA

I'm a Gramma now to 17 grandkiddles from 2yrs to 26 years, (7 boys and 10 girls)....and have 6 precious, grown and beloved children: 4 beautiful daughters and 2 handsome sons that I absolutely adore and some great sons in law that entertain me and endure me, hahha...thanks guys! I have a king of a husband; the bravest, most enduring, and clean-minded man I know! He is my hero!! We have been married 47 yrs and it shows...we both have silver hair..only mine is a bit camo-ed. Character is of utmost importance to me. Trust is paramount and I have never once had to worry about my husband. I wish all women could say the same. He is truly my best friend. Being together with my family is the best of times. Otherwise, I do have many interests and enjoy many activities. I have to keep busy and love to serve. We are so pleased with the way our kids are raising their children; to be good citizens and great people who love the Lord. Compassion for others and savvy understanding of human nature seems to be the hallmark of what makes our life a good one. We care about others, but know to be careful about enabling people. I is a fine line and a tough one to learn.

Friday, June 22, 2007

Summer's Here!

Hi out there! I hope this summer has been uplifting for you, thus far. It started out great for me. I hope it continues.

There used to be in the Reader's Digest a writer who would do an article ever so often, who's name escapes me, except for Joan......something. Anyway, she would write about the simple, common things that bring comfort to our lives. She "painted" such pictures in my mind of things that I could identify with and remember from 'way back. Her articles were just the sort that called up the feelings you had on a cool June morning, with the clouds of overcast that whispered promise and hope for what was to come that day. She would take you down the dusty path, where you could feel the warm, soft earth beneath your feet and 'tween your toes. I could "see" the shadows play across that path as the sunlight began to peek through the clouds and then feel the warmth of the sun as it penetrated my once cool skin. It was the sun-kissed warmth that Becca mentioned that makes us all yearn for that time when all we to think about was; Could we get home before the street lights went on, or were we going to get to go to the "swimming pool" tomorrow, or will our F/F (friend forever) be back from vacation this week so we can finally have someone to play with? Those were some of my concerns as a kid. I had an older brother,Dave who was almost 6 years older than I and yes, he was great about inviting me along with him and his friends, but before all that, it was more fun to have my friend over to play "Mr. Wiggley", "Monopoly" and ping pong. Oh, and it was especially fun to have Jean (fresh from Scotland) over and while my folks went out for dinner, she and I would get out the 45's and play "Venus" and "Purple People Eater" and jump on all the cushions and turn the swivel chair on its side and both of us stand on either arm and hold hands and play "teeter-tawter" on it! We were 9 and should have known better, and of course, did, but hey, it was fun and we didn't damage anything. That's why when I knew my kids were jumping on their beds, I wouldn't let them know I was aware of it, for a while, letting them have some fun before "discovering" them.

Anyway, go have fun with your kids....and grandkids.....they're only available for a little while and then it's, "Aw, do we have to go to Grandma's??" Oh, I hope they never think that!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Buffy said...

Fun post mom! It's fun to think back to all of those carefree days that we can't appreciate until now. :D It has been a fun summer so far. I look forward to the family reunion next month. It should be fun.

Fri Jun 22, 10:13:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Dar said...

Oh, it will! I'm anxious to get our schedule all figured out as to what we're going to do and when. I think Dad wants to go to Knott's for dinner, then I'd like for us to go to the temple and then the evening at the Stake center and then the park the next morning? Is that how it's set up? I've got to look at the letter April sent. It will be fun, though. Thanks for your comment. Love it and you! Mom

Fri Jun 22, 10:22:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Aunty Barbs said...

The chicken place is planned for lunch on Thurs. so Jim and I will be working. I'm planning on going to the temple on Fri at 1:30 then the Stake Ctr on Fri night and the park on Sat. Great post Mom. It takes me right back to the days spent down at Michelle's and the signal those street lights would give us to get home! Those were the days.

Sun Jun 24, 01:45:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home