I thought I'd write up the great things that happened today! How's that for a different angle? Years ago Oprah had a show on about Gratitude. She told of how she was keeping a "Gratitude Journal" and how much happiness and satisfaction it brought into her life. I thought it would be a good thing to do and what better place to do it than right here on this blog! Sometimes when I check to see where the visitors to my site are from....and see your IP address...I feel bad that I have nothing new to offer...so here will be something each day to tell you all what I found to be Great about Today!
- I woke up without a headache
- Went on a 30 minute fast bike ride. I said fast because Dad wasn't with me. I'm working him up to "fast", but he hasn't quite gotten there, yet. He will, though, he will.
- Eileen's daughter, Denise called and we talked for a long time. She has had depression/sadness since her hysterectomy. but is doing much better and she seemed to enjoy visiting. She said she doesn't have many friends now that her kids are grown. The friends were those she met at the ballgame practices and cheer practices, etc. Anyway, we enjoyed a great visit and I found that she is learning to deal with her sadness and is trying to ignore it and find things to do that override the emotions. She loves being a mother and misses her children and the life that she had when her children were young. I got to tell her a little about how much I loved and needed RS and Primary during the week when I was in my 20's. I told her if she ever felt she needed a friend, look up a Mormon mother and share a little about her life and she'd find she had a good friend right there who would sympathize and would be her friend because that's the way we are. We are all like that....only rarely would she find it otherwise.
- I remembered my brother's birthday today and wrote him a nice e-mail message. Then later he called me, but hadn't yet looked at his messages. I t was nice that he wanted to "connect" on his birthday. He's in a sect that doesn't recognize birthdays or other holidays. But, he and I had a great conversation that left me in tears for missing him. He was a very fun brother as we grew up. He took me everywhere with he and his girlfriend. Maybe his girlfriend's mother put him up to it, hahha....Anyway, it was a very good visit with him.
- Barbie took Grammy to visit Sal in the hospital and by the way, he's doing great! Then Barbie picked her up and Grammy took she and Jim out to dinner. It was nice hearing that Grammy had such a good time.
- I got two more dolls cut out and felt really good about it. The first one I did looks sooo cute! I'm really happy about it and it makes me feel happy to know that my great grandmother's gift to me of the homemade Raggedy Ann doll gave me the desire to pass the same along to my granddaughters. And when I work on them I think of Grandma Adams and hope she knows how much I appreciate her. Aunt Val's mom, Ma Hunt, gave me a cute little work apron that I came across the other day in the storage unit. I brought it home and want to duplicate it for my granddaughters, too. Thanks "Ma".
- I got to talk to two of my daughters today and one granddaughter. Emily, got on the phone and quickly asked, "Where's Grampa??" She loves Grampa, just sits by him, whether he has something entertaining going on or NOT....she just sits there close by him...reminds me sooo much of myself with my granddad, "Dad-Dad". Just being close by was good enough for me. I'd just stare at him, taking in all his features...and begging for a story which he would soon begin to tell. It tickles me that my grandkids now ask me to tell a story and then another story. It's fun!
- I found two very important items today that I was very worried about. I had mislaid them and tried for the life of me to remember what I'd done with them. I searched the house over and every strange out of the way place, mad at myself for having so many things to lookin and around!!! At the time of the search I kept thinking, "Why do I keep all these things....I don't use them, I don't need them.....but I just might......." Oh!!! I'm thankful for all the things I have that bring great memories back, especially letters and cards and school papers. I spent an hour one evening looking through all of you kids' school papers...well, the ones I kept and had the greatest time. It was a real trip. Wow....and to think that all that time has passed and I'm still going strong, well, almost as strong just not as long! Oh, I found the items in the side pocket in the front passenger door....they'd fallen out of my purse while I was driving and I have just a slight memory of thinking...I'd better check on those....did they fall out? Anyway, it was a great "find".
- I fixed Dad and I one of those newer huge artichokes that have the foot long stem. I cut it off and boiled it for an hour. Then, when he got home I fixed it for us. Dad had to go to a meeting and so when he got back we ate it. He had stopped by Jack's and got a sandwich and a slice of cheesecake. Oh yeah, I partook. Very good, just like the cheesecake we would have at Reuben's in Newport back in 1965. Wow..just like it!
- I'm going to bed earlier tonight. I want to get up early and get going on my projects of course after my bikeride!
- Thinking of each of you makes my day happy! Thinking of getting together with you makes me even happier still. Love, Mom
3 Comments:
Very nice blog Mom. All of those items are great! It's nice to hear about the good things that happened to you yesterday. I like your title "Great Things About Today" too.
Very fun Mom! Good idea to post about the great things that go on instead of always the tough stuff during the day. :D Can't wait until you are here. I might not let you go back...hahaha. You better bring two cars. :D
I loved reading that. That's nice to hear you got to talk to Denise. I didn't realize she didn't have younger kids. Hope she continues to improve. Glad you found your items. Very inspiring blog. Proud of you getting out on the bike every day.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home