My Birthday Girl; how blessed, let me count the ways!
Teffie Too, Teff, Steph, and "Prettiest Baby in the Nursery" were some of your nicknames. We were all so blessed to have you join our family. You were the second, painless birth I experienced, bless your heart! :) You and April were both little babies, weighing 7lb. 2oz. It was great!
You were a wonderful, calm baby, quiet and not fussy at all!! You loved to be in everyone's midst. You would run to me and bury your face in my tummy. You would just stay there….like a little kitty. You’d run to Mema’s lap when she’d come over to visit. You’d climb up on her lap and go right to sleep!
When you were just 3, you saw a woman wearing some shorts that were 4 inches too short, showing way too much......and walking away from our direction.....You put your hands on your hips, gave a look that would kill and said with the most disgusted tone, a long drawn out "S-i-c-k!!!" That was when you were just 2!!
We didn't worry about how we looked when getting ready for an event....we knew "Sister Boogie" as we affectionately called you would let us know and give us the go-ahead or not! It was soo funny!!! You knew what was right and you didn't give an inch~ One morning I was going downstairs carrying only my purse and dressed as one may be right out of bed....You asked me, "Where are you going?" I quickly saw the humor that could follow and said, "Oh, to the bank." " LIKE THAT????" you squeeled with disbelief and shock! I laughed so hard.
Another time that really catches the “essence of Stephanie” was when you saw Marilyn had climbed up on the outside of the banister on the stairs....and then she let herself drop to the entry tile from about 3 feet up. Well, when you came around the corner of the dining room and looked up and saw Marilyn's feet dangling, getting ready to drop, you screamed in terror!!! I came running in as Marilyn jumped down. It was not a dangerous height, it just looked high to you and you just knew your sister would die! Poor little thing! You were so sweet to your sisters.
All you ever wanted was to be included. It was a tough go, until one day, one Spring Day around 1989, maybe Spring Break when your sisters invited you to go along with them in their rented white Mustang convertible to
Our family was one of sets. April and Stephanie were sort of singular because of the number of years between them and the others. The boys came along 3 years after Stephanie. It’s so nice to have all the girls in the same “age” and the boys right behind them….helping, fixing things for them and there for advice and help with the nephews. It is such a wonderful time now and has been for years that the kids have grown close together and have had such fun adventures in life together.
As a mother, it is wonderful to see the mingling of talents, abilities, personalities and the treasure trove of life's experiences when our children get together. It is so rewarding to see how they have developed and used the Gospel to sort out their differences and meld them together in a most heart-warming way. They are kindly and understanding of one another. They are supportive and tolerant of each other. They love one another and forgive. They are the greatest people I know!! I am their mother, but there are a host of others out there that will agree with me.
I am so thankful that Heavenly Father sent them to my home. HE knew I needed them and could be their mother and have their utmost interest at heart. I know HE loves them, and not because of me, but because I love them with all my heart and HE helps me know what to say and do to help them. Motherhood for me was made marvelous, for lack of a better word, by the precious children I was allowed to bring forth. Thank you, Father in Heaven, for these precious souls!
Dear Stephanie,
Dad and I are so pleased with the way in which you and Todd have worked together to raising up your children. It is so reassuring to us that our grandchildren will do well in this life and will accomplish what they were created to do.
I know we weren't perfect but instead of making us wallow in our mistakes, the things you've said to us in the past and the present give us peace and we feel gratitude for your love and respect.
We are indeed grateful for all you have been to us from the day you were born. I hope some day you can remember those early years....We did spend much time at the library and read a lot books!! Actually, when you were able...you would read to your little brothers and they loved that! I did, too! :)
Love you honey and again we're so proud of the way you are living your life and sharing your thoughts and heart with your family and friends...Keep up the wonderful work.
Love you, Precious! Mom


4 Comments:
Thanks Mom!! That was really fun to read. I remember those stories :D. The feeling is mutual... I am thankful that you and dad are my parents. I have so many good memories of our family. Maybe I should write some of them down as to not forget them when I'm older. haha :D I went to bed early last night and that is why I missed your call. I popped up out of bed at 4:50 and headed to the gym. It feels good! Have a good day. Thanks for your sweet words.
That was great!! I remember most all of those things. I'd forgotten about how Steph would tell us when things weren't just right. For the record, Steph was instrumental in forming the Ladies Club and our own language - "mesotin". Sister Boogie always acted like she was 25 at age 5. Don't forget her great impersonations of the "neighbor" - do you all know who I'm talking about???? hahaha
Thanks for setting the record straight lady on the "Ladies Club". I thought it was me too. I can remember that so clearly like it was yesterday....the "mesotin" talk. fun times!
That was all really great about Stephanie. I loved reading it. I remember everything up until she was around 11 or so. I was in a whole different world, I guess...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home