My Photo
Name:
Location: CA

I'm a Gramma now to 17 grandkiddles from 2yrs to 26 years, (7 boys and 10 girls)....and have 6 precious, grown and beloved children: 4 beautiful daughters and 2 handsome sons that I absolutely adore and some great sons in law that entertain me and endure me, hahha...thanks guys! I have a king of a husband; the bravest, most enduring, and clean-minded man I know! He is my hero!! We have been married 47 yrs and it shows...we both have silver hair..only mine is a bit camo-ed. Character is of utmost importance to me. Trust is paramount and I have never once had to worry about my husband. I wish all women could say the same. He is truly my best friend. Being together with my family is the best of times. Otherwise, I do have many interests and enjoy many activities. I have to keep busy and love to serve. We are so pleased with the way our kids are raising their children; to be good citizens and great people who love the Lord. Compassion for others and savvy understanding of human nature seems to be the hallmark of what makes our life a good one. We care about others, but know to be careful about enabling people. I is a fine line and a tough one to learn.

Monday, May 14, 2007

Happy Days Are Here Again!

This past week and weekend have been one of the most delightful, happy times I've spent. Now, the world may scoff, but then, why? Who's "the world" anyway, but other family members of other families and not one of them would disagree with me, but then would I care? NO!!! :).....

It was a wonderful time spent with my children who love me and love and care about each other. THAT is HEAVEN ON EARTH to this mother. I got to do all the things I wanted and enjoyed...being with my children and grandchildren, playing Frisbee and ball with them, having my own mother in a happy state and knowing all was well with everyone. AHHHhhhhh......

It has been great with the piano in here, thank you Mike again and again! It was so much fun with he and Danny playing with the kids and us....with their usual bantar that is beyond funny. Then add April and Barbie to the mix and look out!! Totally funny!! All three are good story tellers, like their great-grandfather, Rufus Henry. Their take on things makes it especially funny, too.

I think April is here with Ressa to eat with us and pick up Melody. We 've had fun here today.....Melody and me. We wore ourselves out!!! Love you all! Mom

2 Comments:

Blogger April said...

Yes that was a great Mother's Day. Lots of fun with everyone. Poor Sal was the brunt of several jokes, but he wasn't aware of it. Oh gosh... Would have been perfect with Steph, Marilyn, and all their kids. Thanks for keeping Melody. She really felt like "queen for a day"...I could tell. She woke up making demands and giving orders as good as any well-seasoned princess in a palace. Hahaha! Thanks again and the tacos were great, as usual! Love, April

Tue May 15, 09:23:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Aunty Barbs said...

I'm sure Melody loved staying at Gramma's! I miss Dad's taco's! I haven't had those in a long time. Jim and I had a blast on Sunday with everyone. He really enjoyed playing ball with the guys.

Tue May 15, 10:07:00 AM 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home