Great Break with my Family!!
Saturday, April and her kiddoes met me at Mike's to initiate his new apartment. We had an Easter egg hunt down in the shady, grassy yard and then opened all the goodies up there in Mike's living room, totally initiating his new place. Hahhaa....he loved it. He commented later in the week, "It sure has been quiet since April and the kids left!" While the kids were hunting eggs, we were upstairs putting away the provisions April brought to help Mike feel "at home" in his new "digs". It was fun!! April and Barbie donated goods of various types to make his nest a little more comfortable. He surely appreciated their appointments. :)
Then, on Sunday, all of my kids went to Marilyn's for Easter dinner and everyone came, except, of course, Steph and her family who are a little too far away. Marilyn had a ham, wonderful potatoes, green beans, goodies of all kinds and rolls and I'm sure I'm forgetting some really tasty stuff.....But, we all enjoyed being together and telling stories on each other and all that fun stuff that we get such a kick out of. We love each other and enjoy each other's company. I often express my gratitude for each of my children....they have provided me with such a full life and so much input that keeps me from being bored and always gives me something to think about and I feel loved. AND SOMETIMES THEY EVEN ASK FOR MY ADVICE!!!!! Can you believe that??? Time has passed and they give me credit for some things..it's nice.
I stayed with daughter, Marilyn, Sunday night and then Monday morning got go with she and her kids to daughter Steph's. There we had a very fun and adventurous time! With 8 great kids and 4 flexible adults, we had a great time! Of course the daughters were fixing snacks, meals and cleaning up a lot, and I tried to help fold clothes and all, but hahhahaa.....had the most fun when I brought out the unfinished wooden picture frames and the paints and foam brushes and let the kiddles paint their own frame. They did a remarkable job and wowed us with their creativity!! Then, while the moms were on a much looked-forward-to walk, we played bingo with a bingo pad I saw at the store. I had brought a big bag of old, OLD buttons (of those kids' great-great-great grandmothers' eras) for the kids to use as decorations for their frames, but used them for their bingo do-dads. They had a great afternoon and so did I!! I shellaqued their frames and they looked great! Steph will print up the pictures she took of the kids on our different hikes and adventures....so they can put their favorite picture in their frame.
On my way home, I got to stop by another daughter's, Barbie and spend the night with her. It's nice and quiet and there I can just sit and play the piano....ahhhhh... Hahhaha....She and I had fun talking...as always. She lives in the same area as my son, Danny and my mom. Then, today my husband picked me up in his semi and would ride on home after stopping at Mike's new place for lunch with him. He'd gone to Riverside early, on a job and brought us back "Grinders" from D'Elia's. Can't go to Riverside and come home without 'em. His place feels real homey!
I had great visits with each of my kids this week. It was rewarding and renewing to see them interact with one another and to see what great parents they are. It's great, as well, to see the ones without children yet interact so nicely with the kids. Maybe this is the way it is with all families, but I like to mention it because I want to savor everything for the day that may come that I won't be able to be around them much....I want to take in everything and just enjoy it all I can. THAT'S WHY I VALUE THE GOSPEL SO DEARLY.....THAT'S WHY IT TOUCHES MY HEART SO NEARLY, TO BE WITH GOD AND MY FAMILY, CLEARLY, IS WHAT HIS LOVE MEANS TO ME. THE GOSPEL IS LOVE.....LOVE IS BEING ONE WITH EACH OTHER....TO HAVE THE LORD'S LOVE AND THE LOVE OF HEAVENLY FATHER IS WORTH MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE. IT MAKES EVERYTHING ELSE POSSIBLE. I THANK THEM FOR THAT. I LOVE THEM. I love you, too. Mom
PS Mike just told me that he and brother Danny and Danny L and Chad are going to the batting cages....just like they did when they were in Little League and Pony!! :) They were surprised how good Mike and Danny were at batting! Hey, those boys were always great athletes! Just like their Dad!!! There's nothing they can't do!! Fun!! Then, of course, while there at Mike's, he got a call from his friend Danny asking him about fishing soon.....instinctively Mike remarked, "Not with the storm out there!!" Then, realizing I was within ear-shot had to go on to say, "Oh, but hey, tomorrow it's Catalina, we'll leave in the morning at 4:30!" Now, of course I gasped and begged him, "NO!!! Don't go!!!!" To which, he couldn't help but grin a little, a very little....leaving a tiny bit of room for doubt......he knows how to push my buttons~they both do!!!
Goodnight and we'll see you all soon for more fun!!! :) Thanks for everything, kids! Love, Mom


4 Comments:
What a week we all had. I loved it and loved having everyone here. It turned out great with all of the kids. What fun to hear about Mike and Danny going to the batting cages. It's good to hear them getting out and involving themselves in fun activities. Now, I'm sure you are resting at home this next week...recovering!
Yessiree!!! Tonight we listened to a Phd talk about the locked San Andreas fault and how it's been over due since 1840! The last time it shifted was 1600 something. So, he was just telling us what he's done to keep from getting hurt inside his home; you know, securing things and having water and a generator,etc. It was interesting. I can just see it now....Dad in LA area and me out here in 120' heat. Love, Mom ps WE DID HAVE A GREAT TIME.
I love hearing about all that you did. It is great that you are able to spend the time with all of us. I'm really going to enjoy the next few weeks. You had to endure the bad job to appreciate not having to be there.
I can't wait to go with Mike fishing one of these days. I've really been missing outdoor activities like that.
I'm glad somebody has the time to document those many fun times and good experiences that week. I couldn't help but giggle every time I think of the grin on Mike's face when I laid out those blue and white daisy placemats on his table. I concluded that he kind of liked it, but being a man and all had to hold back. We'll have to meet down there on a Monday night for "family home evening." I'll bring some funny games (pictionary, etc.) and we can wake his place up again and add some more life to it!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home