My Photo
Name:
Location: CA

I'm a Gramma now to 17 grandkiddles from 2yrs to 26 years, (7 boys and 10 girls)....and have 6 precious, grown and beloved children: 4 beautiful daughters and 2 handsome sons that I absolutely adore and some great sons in law that entertain me and endure me, hahha...thanks guys! I have a king of a husband; the bravest, most enduring, and clean-minded man I know! He is my hero!! We have been married 47 yrs and it shows...we both have silver hair..only mine is a bit camo-ed. Character is of utmost importance to me. Trust is paramount and I have never once had to worry about my husband. I wish all women could say the same. He is truly my best friend. Being together with my family is the best of times. Otherwise, I do have many interests and enjoy many activities. I have to keep busy and love to serve. We are so pleased with the way our kids are raising their children; to be good citizens and great people who love the Lord. Compassion for others and savvy understanding of human nature seems to be the hallmark of what makes our life a good one. We care about others, but know to be careful about enabling people. I is a fine line and a tough one to learn.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Threes....?

Things I Love?

Being a child of God
My family; immediate and extended
My grandchildren, each one!!

Things I Miss?

My dad and grandparents
My children as little ones
My little self

Things I hate?

Disease
Misunderstandings
Fear

People Who Make Me Laugh?

My kids
Steve Allen
"Baby Man" anyone remember him on Make Me Laugh??? Hahhhaaa

Scare Me??

Hmmmmm.....????
My children or grandchildren being harmed
Forgetting the music while playing the piano for an audience

On My Desk?

Whatever else isn't on my bedside table! Hahahha...
Keyboard
Temple phone numbers

I Want to Do in This Life...

Be as good a grandparent to my g'kids as my grandparents were to me
Be a good example to my children of faith, stalwartness, and kindness
Write children's books based on the incidents in my life with my parents, grandparents and kids

Things I Can Do?

I can be artistic in many ways
I can make people feel better
I can remain calm in emergencies

Things I Can't?

I can't organize an unorganized person
Can't stand mean, nasty people
Can't make order out of chaos

Things I'd Like to Learn?

Spanish; fluently
Tap dance
How to talk while playing the piano

Things I regret?

Not encouraging Scripture reading to my little children; fearing they would be bored with it if they couldn't understand it...
Telling my son to wait til another Sunday to bear his testimony because he had already done so the month before....and he never did again!
Not making enough out of my second son's birthdays because his and his brother's were a day apart...and I was worn down....having 6 children.....but I wouldn't trade or send any back!!!

Favorite Food?

New Mexico-style enchiladas I make from grandmother's 1915 adopted recipe
The Peach cobbler April makes
The baked macaroni Eileen makes

Favorite TV Show as a Kid?

Cecil the Sea-sick Sea Serpent and his friend Beenie and bad guy DJ (Dishonest John)
Lassie
Fury (Sky King, etc.)
Mighty Mouse was good, too. Loved the theme song...

That was fun. Good night everyone! Love, Mom

3 Comments:

Blogger Buffy said...

I love reading what everyone writes for these. So fun to learn a little more about you through these exercises. Keep blogging Mom! It's fun to see something new on your blog (a new post).

Thu Apr 19, 10:37:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Dar said...

I know what it's like to not see a "new" entry! Hahahhaha....Those STP's are fun...Let's see, it would be fun to have everyone think back to the rainy days at school, elementary school and write about an instance...like what games you played or .... well, maybe it was just me, but when a rainy day came me and my little friends would pretend we were in "nightschool", you know, grown ups going to "nightschool"...hahha...we had fun pretending, pretending, pretending!!! Hahahhaha....love you!!! AND thanks for looking in on my site. XOXOOX, Mom

Thu Apr 19, 10:53:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Dar said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Thu Apr 19, 10:53:00 AM 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home