My First Week Off....
I had fun going up to April's house and having fun with the kids and April and then going to Grammy's and helping her get her car cleaned up and bringing her some clothes that would make her feel "dutied up". Then Monday going with Barbie to Sweet Adeline's and listening to them practice! WOW! They're good!!! But gee, they have to stand there for 4 hours!! There was a lot of energy there and it was great.
Dad happened to be in town and so we both spent the night at Barbie's and then the next day I went and bought Grammy some new make-up and fixed her all up....got her hair up and looking so cute!! She said she didn't recognize herself in the mirror....I don't know, but she looked very pretty!!! :) Anyway, she was so excited about it, she had to bring it to everyone's attention much to my red-face. Anyway, I got my hook out and took her home. Hahha.....
After getting home and recovering a bit, I did some Visiting Teaching and helped a lady pack up her little apt as she was having to move out in a few days. I thought, hey, this will be a snap....won't take too long.....oh my....she had every cupboard, nook and cranny filled to the brim with "stuff". All I could think was, "I'm going to make sure my kids don't have to go through something like this....." And then I'd hear Dad in my mind saying, "just throw this junk away!!" Oh my!
The next day I went with Joan to the temple in Redlands. A wonderfully beautiful day and such a great privilege to get to go. It really puts life and the daily grind into perspective.
Then Saturday morning, it was off to help the lady get packed up before the elders were to come and move the heavy things down and over to the new house. They came, but boy, we were no where near getting everything packed up. They came in and gasped, "You're not all packed yet???" No......I looked at them with desperation in my eyes....hahaha......They said, listen when we're done, you're going to go too....we're not leaving you here, we'd feel guilty and we have things we have to do at our homes." ok. So, once we got as much as we could do and take, we delivered it to her new house and then left. It was none too soon, as I woke up again, not being able to lift my head off the pillow. I really hurt my neck carrying in those paper supplies at Curves, that was it, not a virus or a cold, I really strained it!! So, I think I can say to certain ones....I'm not the workhorse I once was...I can direct, but I can't heft, catch and carry.
Anyway, I love Conference and did you see it was in the old refinished Tabernacle?? That is so great!! That was wonderful!! Anyway, enjoy Conference and I'll look forward to this coming week, getting to see everyone. Marilyn? Have fun! And I wish I could've come over for a swim!!! Thanks for inviting me. (I didn't get the phone message until the next evening!) Brandon and I had such a good time going to the pool when I stayed there with you last summer. I'm sorry that you had to be "on bed rest", but....that was last year and this is a new year, we'll all go to the pool!!! Little Coopie too!!! Love you kids and kiddles, too! Oh, to be free, it is so GREAT!!! LOVE, Mom


3 Comments:
Great post Mom! Love hearing about all that you're doing. This job I'm at is causing me to never want to work again!!! I've got to get out of there. I'm trying to time it right so that in between jobs, Jim and I can run off to Hawaii for a week with our fly miles. We've earned 2 round trip tickets. I need to be doing something different and fast!
Oh for sure!!! TWO RDTRIP TICKETS??? ARE YOU KIDDIN??? You're still here???? WHY???? How fun!! I can't even imagine how excited I'd be. Do it right away before Women's Conference so we can talk about it and all make plans for next year....in Hawaii!!! Hey, let's do the Women's Conf. in Hawaii..ok? It would be a hoot, wherever we'd be!!! Hahahhaha...love you!!! MOM
Sounds busy! I think busy is just what life is. Not much time to relax. If we have too much time we don't get enough done :D, right? hahaha You are doing such a service for the sister in your ward. Just think where she would be or how she would be feeling if you or anyone else hadn't helped her. Can't wait for you to come up with Marilyn. We will have fun.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home