My Photo
Name:
Location: CA

I'm a Gramma now to 17 grandkiddles from 2yrs to 26 years, (7 boys and 10 girls)....and have 6 precious, grown and beloved children: 4 beautiful daughters and 2 handsome sons that I absolutely adore and some great sons in law that entertain me and endure me, hahha...thanks guys! I have a king of a husband; the bravest, most enduring, and clean-minded man I know! He is my hero!! We have been married 47 yrs and it shows...we both have silver hair..only mine is a bit camo-ed. Character is of utmost importance to me. Trust is paramount and I have never once had to worry about my husband. I wish all women could say the same. He is truly my best friend. Being together with my family is the best of times. Otherwise, I do have many interests and enjoy many activities. I have to keep busy and love to serve. We are so pleased with the way our kids are raising their children; to be good citizens and great people who love the Lord. Compassion for others and savvy understanding of human nature seems to be the hallmark of what makes our life a good one. We care about others, but know to be careful about enabling people. I is a fine line and a tough one to learn.

Thursday, December 06, 2007

"I'm Still Standin'...."

Hey, we had a great time up at Steph's this last week/end. We played in the yard doing stuff I haven't been able to do for years because of living in a community where your lawns and yards are kept up for you. I love doing yardwork...I'd rather work outside than in! It was great getting to hear of the wonderful testimonies that were shared at church the next day of the temple trip and what all it represented to those in attendance.

The kids had fun and were quite entertaining. On the day we were to leave our car wouldn't start and so we called Mike and Danny and they quickly offered to come up and fix it...So, Mitty who said "I was in my room crying, Gramma, when you came in and said your car wouldn't work and that you were going to stay another day. THIS IS THE AWESOMEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!" He was so excited, so was I. When Mike and Danny got there, they all had so much fun. Danny commented, as he gazed at Em...."I could just pinch her little face off and take it with me it's so darn cute!!!!" He played his guitar as the kids sat motionless on the sofa. Mike entertained the kids with his funny faces and mimicking voice! hAHAHHAHA.... Great entertainers, those boys!
Sunday afternoon we were so relaxed, or maybe our muscles were just so wiped out from all the pulling, tugging and hoeing and sweeping...planting, planting, and planting.....Love it, love it, love it! I'm not complaining, just commenting on the full-days work we embarked on and then were able to get up and actually move. I remember years ago when I was 25 and my granddad was 80...he could work circles around me. I would be so sore and my arms would feel so weak. I think some things are easier when older. Don't know why, well, yes, I guess I do know why....Now, I can sit with an ice pack in place and take a couple Advil and be great....Years ago I had kiddies to tend to...who had time for an ice pack?? HAhaha...fun.

We got to go to April's and visit and have dinner with them on the way home. It was great seeing the kids! April's boys are growing so tall!! It was great being with them. The girls had a ficus tree all decorated and lit up in their window! It looked so Christmasy! They wanted a tree in their room! I have to get home and do up my own house. I'm here at my mom's decorating her place....I have tons of stuff to do! Whenever I visit my mom I get to stay at Barbie's. It takes me back to the visits to their home in Hawaii...Love it!!

Well, enjoy this season and take advantage of the time out of school with your kids. You will all have these memories that will warm up your later years. Love you all.

4 Comments:

Blogger April said...

Mom, that was really nice to read. It was nice having you stop by. It means so much to all of us, especially the kids. I'm sure Grammy appreciates all the help with the decorating. Looking forward to hearing you and your choir sing tomorrow night.
Love, April

Sat Dec 08, 12:05:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Amie said...

I love that your boys were so quick to come to your rescue. It sounds like your trip to Steph's was perfect. I love reading about the temple day at her site.

It seems like you are always helping someone. I know that is how it should be... but I am impressed with all you do for others.

Sun Dec 09, 07:30:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Dar said...

Amie, it's what makes my life rewarding and even, entertaining some of the time. :) I think a good way to look back to where did it come from is from being in a tight spot, a tough situation and not getting any help. It was a lesson to me at one point in my life that when I needed the most help, I was without it....But i found out that I could do the hard thing. I felt better and better about myself and my ability to handle tough things...little did I know how tough things would get! Hahaha.... I guess because I started out so young... It was just the way it was. I was a little girl when I got married..Haha.. My mom was a great help, but when I needed her the most, she had something else she had to do and so I soon realized how "out on a limb" it felt to be without help. So, when someone needs help, I don't want them to feel like I did...so I do what I can and help. My dad was so like that and boy, do I miss him!! He knew it, hahahaha.. Whenever there was a big family dinner or get together where the women were in cooking and doing everything while the men sat around enjoying themselves....:) Anyway, after the event, my dad would excuse the ladies and say, You all go on, relax and I'll take care of this...." And he would!! He would clean up all the mess and have everything spotless for inspection in short order! hahah... And, on his deathbed, I whispered in his ear, "Dad, I'll take over where you left off and try my best to do it as you have done..." Whew!! What a promise! If he could talk, he would've told me, "Now Baby, (he called me Baby Bug for years!) don't be over-doing it, take it easy, get those kids to helping you and remember, don't forget Papa loves you!" Those were his words all the time. He was a workaholic, but boy, it was great to have him around! He was such a gentleman and so my hero!! I have that drive to fix things, or solve problems like he did. I just like being part of the solution instead of being part or all of the problem! Hahah....I think its just genetics. :) Oh, by the way, thanks for asking. It was fun thinking back to times with my dad. He was a great man and my mom says it all the time now!

Mon Dec 10, 12:06:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Dar said...

April, I didn't look at my blog yesterday. I'm glad you could come to the concert. It was a great experience, for me. I love it, as it really sets the tone for Christmas for me. AND it starts in September!! 3 months of it!!
It was fun last night having you all here. We had a great time! Let's do it again! And you guys stay over!! Love yous, Mom

Mon Dec 10, 12:08:00 AM 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home