My Photo
Name:
Location: CA

I'm a Gramma now to 17 grandkiddles from 2yrs to 26 years, (7 boys and 10 girls)....and have 6 precious, grown and beloved children: 4 beautiful daughters and 2 handsome sons that I absolutely adore and some great sons in law that entertain me and endure me, hahha...thanks guys! I have a king of a husband; the bravest, most enduring, and clean-minded man I know! He is my hero!! We have been married 47 yrs and it shows...we both have silver hair..only mine is a bit camo-ed. Character is of utmost importance to me. Trust is paramount and I have never once had to worry about my husband. I wish all women could say the same. He is truly my best friend. Being together with my family is the best of times. Otherwise, I do have many interests and enjoy many activities. I have to keep busy and love to serve. We are so pleased with the way our kids are raising their children; to be good citizens and great people who love the Lord. Compassion for others and savvy understanding of human nature seems to be the hallmark of what makes our life a good one. We care about others, but know to be careful about enabling people. I is a fine line and a tough one to learn.

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Thanks for all your Prayers!!

My mom is doing much better! Thanks for all your prayers. Her appetite came back yesterday and she has felt more strength the last two days....ever since Thursday night when I fixed dinner for she and my boys and were happy to have Barbie join us and the neighbor lady who just happened (?) to need a favor. She's a great neighbor who enjoys taking my mom to dinner and so we enjoy her company when I come over and can fix dinner there at Grammy's place. It's a great opportunity for my boys to come join us.

Grammy loves the attention and then all the fun, old stories are repeated.. of the times, long ago, when she'd pick up the boys and start to rock them and sing, 'One little, two little, three little Indians, ....etc. They'd start to squirm knowing they were just about to be put to sleep as their eyes would get heavy and close and then open half-way in protest to being "put down for a nap"...No, not that!!! Hahahhaha....it was fun. Then the time when up at Provo at the Colombian Motel where my mom was playing with Mikie (4 years old) in the pool and he would just jump in at random and so one time, she let him see, for just a couple seconds, that he couldn't swim yet and so stop doing that!!! She wanted him to realize that Grammy might not be able to get to him soon enough. Anyway, he swears he can remember that, the scared feeling. She was so sorry that he was scared, but was glad that he stopped jumping in! In fact, he stuck real close to her from then on!

My brother Dave called to check on "Grammy" and so it was fun for him to talk to Danny who was there. He and Danny have a lot of the same genetics. They are so alike in many ways. They sound a like, like the same hobbies and their little WHAT IS THE DANG WORD???? Oh yeah, idiosyncracies are the same, yet they were never around each other. I think Danny has seen Dave twice in his memory. Barbie is like Dad's sister, Mariliyn and Danny like Dave and Rhonda, Dave's daughter is a lot like me, his sis. It's weird to catch glimpses of yourself in someone else. Anyway, with the stereo (Grammy's from 1965) going, and it sounded great (??), it DID!! We danced and watched Grammy dance and laughed and had the best time, even though I messed up on the long-time favorite Enchilada Pie, although I haven't made it in 20 years!! It was the kids favorite!

Is someone singing "One Little, Two Little , Three Little ..." to me?? I am sooo sleepy!! I guess it's time for the power nap. HAhahhaha....

7 Comments:

Blogger Aunty Barbs said...

THat was a great time we all had! I know Grammy was in her element dancing up a storm. Mike told her that she was dancing so much she was "burning her socks off" because she was kickin them off with each step. It was funny.

Sat Nov 10, 06:12:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Buffy said...

I'm sure it was another great time that I missed! Sounds like Grammy is doing great! That is really good for her to have fun with all of you. She loved it, I know!

Sat Nov 10, 07:29:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Dar said...

I'm so darn sorry Steph can't be closer...we do have a good time. I hope we can all get together for Thanksgiving someway, somehow. Anyway, if anyone is around, we're having another wing-ding next Thursday night at Grammy's. Like I said before, "C'mon down....and have some dinner withus." Now, that's what LG of LG's Steak house says. I've been making a house out of an archive box. It's so cute I can't wait to make another one!! Then, I started watching the History channel about the universe and how, well, how they think it started...and how the earth's crust did what it did. Fun, entertaining, but I can't wait to hear and see how the Lord actually did it. Fascinating! Love you all!

Sun Nov 11, 01:59:00 AM 2007  
Blogger April said...

I'm glad everybody had so much fun with Grammy last week. I can just picture her rocking back and forth with one of the boys.

Mon Nov 12, 09:58:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Amie said...

I'm glad your mom is doing so much better. You are sweet to take care of her and go down to make dinner.

Wed Nov 14, 06:48:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Amie said...

Darla... I always love to hear what you have to say... you don't have to edit yourself for length. It is fun to have people comment who know you. (the you that you know from when you were younger... we never grow up in our own minds right?)

I hope your mom continues to get stronger each day.

Sun Nov 25, 07:35:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Dar said...

Thank you, dear Amie for your thoughts! I appreciate that. I always feel I'm taking up too much space on someones comment page...looks weird. Like Oh, here's the long-winded one! Hahahha.. I'm so glad that you and the girls take the time to express yourselves. It really is theraputic, not only for yourselves but for all of us: writers AND readers!

Finally, yesterday the doctor's office called and gave me the report on my mom's biopsy! No cancer cells at all. So, we were really relieved. I'll start back to my part-time job at Michael's in a couple weeks. So happy they let me!!
I've been asked to paint up some Bethlehem back drop scenery for the Christmas program in our ward and I got started but think it's too small for the nativity set that will be on the stage. Hmmm....I think what I've done I'll go ahead and make a wall hanging for the PRimary room and then begin painting on the 4x8 foam boards they gave me. It makes me very nervous to even think about painting on those huge boards...I'm just glad they have 2 sides...one to practice and maybe goof on and the other for a last chance effort...nerve-wracking, huh? No pressure there! Right!!!
Thank goodness there's a sister in our ward who is very talented and is willing to help me. Bless her heart!! Isn't it wonderful when someone acts happy to help?? It's that feeling you get of relief when someone agrees to come to your rescue.....that's why I say yes to so many things. Of course, later in the midst of it I say to myself....what did I get myself into????? And then I can hear your mom saying...."I told you, you should have listened." She's always right!! :) She's a great friend!! A sister I did'nt have.

Tue Nov 27, 07:33:00 AM 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home