My Photo
Name:
Location: CA

I'm a Gramma now to 17 grandkiddles from 2yrs to 26 years, (7 boys and 10 girls)....and have 6 precious, grown and beloved children: 4 beautiful daughters and 2 handsome sons that I absolutely adore and some great sons in law that entertain me and endure me, hahha...thanks guys! I have a king of a husband; the bravest, most enduring, and clean-minded man I know! He is my hero!! We have been married 47 yrs and it shows...we both have silver hair..only mine is a bit camo-ed. Character is of utmost importance to me. Trust is paramount and I have never once had to worry about my husband. I wish all women could say the same. He is truly my best friend. Being together with my family is the best of times. Otherwise, I do have many interests and enjoy many activities. I have to keep busy and love to serve. We are so pleased with the way our kids are raising their children; to be good citizens and great people who love the Lord. Compassion for others and savvy understanding of human nature seems to be the hallmark of what makes our life a good one. We care about others, but know to be careful about enabling people. I is a fine line and a tough one to learn.

Sunday, July 15, 2007

"Gramma?" "Gramma?" "Gramma??" Hahahhaa!!

This past week was so full of things! I don't know where to start!! I'll just say that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and I'm so happy to be able to see it!!! So glad April was able to come out here and make her way through the papertrails, checking all the way back from 2003... Wow, our bookkeeping nightmares are going to be vanquished, it seems. WHEW!!!

With April up to her neck in OUR business paperwork, I managed the kids and the activities, which I enjoyed thoroughly!! We had a full week with swimming, bowling, movies, coloring, painting, telling stories, reading books, telling more stories and listening to Melody telling the story of her new favorite, "The Adventures of Paddy Pork", by John Goodall. We've had that little book around for years, ever since the old library days back in the 70's & 80's. Thank you April for all the hours and for the proposition to come back once a week to keep things up.

Church was great today, as always. I love being there. Nothing in the world matters, it seems, when I'm there. Today, a missionary spoke. He was so happy to be there, although he was caught off guard by the bishop who needed a youth speaker, so grabbed him, as the new missionary in our ward. You could tell, he wanted to be on a mission, wanting with all his heart to share the greatest news in creation. The Lord's Church has been restored!! The priesthood is once again in full force upon the earth. I'm so grateful I found out about it right as my first child was ready to start Primary. All my children have been raised in the Church and are doing such a good job involving their own children in learning and living the Gospel. How happy that makes me, I cannot find the words!

I'm hungry and will go and fix something for my dinner. I invited a single sister from my ward to come over for dinner but she had to go pick up her father. As I think of it, today was to be Linger Longer, but I don't think anyone stayed....we had all that food there from the Memorial Service the day before. Who knows if anyone remembered!!?? I didn't! Hahaha....Well, I'm certainly not alone in forgetting stuff! :) I'll just go fix something point-friendly, then later treat myself to something really good! :)

Even though I was really "out of steam" last night, I did tidy everything up in my house so that it was a pleasure to get up to today. Oh, the kids were good about eating at the table and they didn't make messes. It's just that I put the art stuff away and streamlined each room. Love it!! I'm going to fix lunch and watch a Church History DVD and just enjoy the Spirit of the day! Love you all! Mom/Dar

ps I talked to Dad, and he said Mike left at 9am, after they had a nice breakfast and will drive down to Aunt Marilyn's and get there around 7pm. She said he could stay there for the night. I hope to see him Monday night or Tuesday for lunch before his appt. at 3. What a trip!! 26 hours in all, from ND to Home. It makes me tired thinking about all the work they've been doing!! Mike likes it up there! Dad says everyone is so friendly and he loves the scenery. Danny said there are some good looking women up there....he happened into a wedding reception there at the hotel they're staying at.... How handy was that??! :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Aunty Barbs said...

That's hilarious about Danny just happening by the wedding reception full of "hot babes"!! hahaha I'm glad they're enjoying the time up there - I'm sure it's gorgeous. How long has the owner of the comp. been in business and he has 2 planes - uh Dad, what are you waiting for? I know Ressa & Melody had a blast at your house last week.

Sun Jul 15, 07:37:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Dar said...

Thanks for your comment, Barb!! Hahah...I'm hittin' the sack!! Hey, wonder if Mike got to Aunt Marilyn's by now??? I'd die if he were horribly late. He'd call them, I know. And yeah, Danny was lovin' life for a while! :) Who knows how they really looked....after 2 weeks without any girls around, they could've been...well, never mind...it was just a funny thought! Love you! Mom

Sun Jul 15, 10:55:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Buffy said...

I'm sure the girls loved staying at your house. I'm glad the guys are enjoying their time away in another part of the country. It's good for them to get out and explore all of their options. I love the comment of Danny happening in on a wedding reception. :D Too funny. have fun at Grammy's

Mon Jul 16, 09:10:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home