My Photo
Name:
Location: CA

I'm a Gramma now to 17 grandkiddles from 2yrs to 26 years, (7 boys and 10 girls)....and have 6 precious, grown and beloved children: 4 beautiful daughters and 2 handsome sons that I absolutely adore and some great sons in law that entertain me and endure me, hahha...thanks guys! I have a king of a husband; the bravest, most enduring, and clean-minded man I know! He is my hero!! We have been married 47 yrs and it shows...we both have silver hair..only mine is a bit camo-ed. Character is of utmost importance to me. Trust is paramount and I have never once had to worry about my husband. I wish all women could say the same. He is truly my best friend. Being together with my family is the best of times. Otherwise, I do have many interests and enjoy many activities. I have to keep busy and love to serve. We are so pleased with the way our kids are raising their children; to be good citizens and great people who love the Lord. Compassion for others and savvy understanding of human nature seems to be the hallmark of what makes our life a good one. We care about others, but know to be careful about enabling people. I is a fine line and a tough one to learn.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Great Weekend!

Am so thankful that simple things make me happy! This past weekend was like that for me.
First, being with Barbie and working together on my Primary stuff made me very happy. We made flannel board story figures for my sharing time. It was helpful to me and uplifting to have Barbie's help. She always knows what to tell me when I'm feeling a little distressed. :)
Babysitting Danny's cat has surprisingly been a really nice experience. That cat is the nicest animal!!! He is a cuddle bear! I've never known a cat to want to be hugged, but he does! He even minds me.... When I tell him to "Come here", he walks on over!! All my other cats in history have just looked away, like, "When I get ready...I'll come over there!" Danny likes to tackle him and just hug him real tight. It's cute! He doesn't mind. And "Cruiser" will grab my foot and then with his back feet he digs at my foot....that's hard to describe, but you know what I mean. Good thing about this cat is he doesn't put his claws out!! Mike's cat will!! Hahhaa...

Primary went really well, bettter than expected. I was pretty much the only one of the pres'dcy there. Thank goodness for Lauren who was willing and very able to take over sharing time and teach a class AND play the piano!!! And thank goodness for faithful teachers like Gayle who always does such a great job! We have great teachers!! Everyone of them are really good. I'm so glad of that.

Preparing for Primary or for anything having to do with the Gospel really puts life into perspective. I feel that as I am engaged in projects or just writing down ideas for Primary activities or anything to do with it just makes me feel good and I don't know how else to describe it....it's a great thing!! I think it keeps me thinking positively. When all else in the world is seemingly going to pot, there is always the Conference talks on CD's that bring everything back into perspective and really gives me a boost and makes me feel happy! Love it!!!

Today I'm going to have my granddaughters help me make some flannel board story cut-outs. I'll cut out and they can color. I'll tell the stories as they make the characters. And all the while April will be helping us in the office. So glad she can do that!!

My friend left me several big houseplants to babysit. It really has added to my family room. They are beautiful and one rabbit's foot fern is 30 years old!!! She told me that after bringing it over! Yeah, you can imagine how careful I am with that. I check it each morning, taking it's "vitals" and making sure it looks healthy! Wouldn't it be horrible to see it start to turn and look sick!!?? Sheesh! Anyway, they add so much color and personality to the room. I love the colors in my family room, kitchen and living room. There are deep woods, reds, blues and greens with a touch of yellow and some Delft blue and white for contrast. The granite countertops add a richness to everything! I love walking in there....the colors just make me happy!! Having my piano in the living room has really added to my happiness, too! It just really makes my home seem like "home" to me, since my kids are grown and aren't around much anymore. That's the sad part, but no one really realizes it until it happens. Now, I wish I had spent more time over with my dad. Although, we did a lot of things together, I just think back now, and wish I'd gone over more.

Have a really nice day, today....Do the things that mean the most and keep in mind, we never know how long we'll be here....make the most of the time we have. Don't worry about things that "might" happen, just do and say things that will uplift and you will be uplifted. Love you all, Mom/Dar

7 Comments:

Blogger Amie said...

I wish you were in our primary. I'm sure you did a great job.

I'd be a little nervous about the plant-sitting. Mine do great for so long and then one day they die. I don't get it. I guess I should do some research.

It makes me laugh that both of your boys have cats. How nice of you to babysit!

Have a great time with April.

Tue Jul 10, 06:26:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Dar said...

Thanks Amie!! Yeah, it is funny about the cats. They love animals. I can tell they will be good fathers as they are really careful about their pets! Danny had to show me with his hand, just how much food to feed "Cruiser" "AND NO MORE!!!" Hahha...

PS I love that picture of you! I can feel your smile! It makes me want to smile back! :)

Tue Jul 10, 06:46:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Aunty Barbs said...

I'm glad everything turned out well for Primary - it always turns out! I bet you had fun with Melody & Ressa. Who left their plants with you?

Wed Jul 11, 03:56:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Amie said...

I forgot to tell you that of course you can steal a thought from my blog for primary. I'm flattered to have something you would want...

Wed Jul 11, 08:40:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Dar said...

Thank you Amie!!! You have a lot of things that I wish I had!! C'mon, now!!! :) Bye for now!

Thu Jul 12, 08:06:00 AM 2007  
Blogger becca said...

I love reading your blog because I swear I can hear your voice in my head as I read! You are just so sweet! I am sure you are wonderul in primary....the kids are lucky to have you!

And I could never babysit plants. My dad brought me over some of his pink flowers that grow like crazy and are impossible to kill....YUP...I killed them! How did I not inherit my dad's green thumb???

Thu Jul 12, 10:41:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Dar said...

That's funny, Becca, about the plants and the wish for the green thumb! THe woman was just so sure I could do it...I mean there are plants all over my family room and kitchen. The pots they are in are beautiful...I'm going to miss them when they go back home. I know, every morning I check them with butterflies....in my stomach...fearing I might see deterioration or some sign of impending death.. Especially the 30 years old fern!!! YIKES!! You're a sweet girl, and I thank you for your kind comments. They really do make my day!

Thu Jul 12, 04:20:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home