It was a really busy day today... I was totally planning to go to an art class, but came back into the house for a forgotten item and realized I had an hour's more work to do on the program for Primary. How did I not realize that earlier?? I t hink that program has taken at least 40 hours!! Two mistakes; asking for help compiling the material clouds my creativity and then not working on it during the year. It was harder this time because my mind was on other things of a stressful nature. But you know? It has all worked out and the time spent working on this has been like time spent in the temple. It's been time spent, engaged in a worthy cause and writing up a program that is designed to instill with tenderness trust in the Lord and the joy of living His Gospel. The fact that 2 grandchildren were born a couple months ago each to a different daughter living 400 miles apart, made for much love to be felt and exchanged. It was fun being with the families of my sons in law and getting to be awed by the absolute miracle of 2 "little persons" coming to our family and see the instant maturing of the youngest children. It is amazing!! What a great time we've had!! On one hand work was slow which is never really good, but then Dad got to be with his daughters and new grandbabies...which was great!! He enjoyed the other grandkids, as well. Got to know them a little better, since they are getting bigger and can "talk" to Grampa! They even listened to him tell stories about his motorcycles and accidents...what's more exciting than that???.
Then, my son deciding for himself what he wants most in life and then proceeding to do that which will help him reach those goals has been an answer to my prayers and those of others who love and care about him.. I truly admire him and his courage and determination to grab hold of life and live it. It's a comfort, a great comfort to me, as his mother to see him of his own volition come back to church where he can make wondrous contributions in service which is really a joy to be discovered! He can renew his old friendships and realize the love and acceptance that has never changed with friends, true friends who really care. I am so at peace with that. I am so eternally grateful that Heavenly Father sent these children to me. They love each other and support one another. They always have. Family means everything to them. How fortunate I am!!! Thank you dear Children!! You're my bouquet of e'er blooming roses!! Ok, the boys are the ferns in back and the grandkids are the babies breath. :) Love you's!! Mom
1 Comments:
The boys may be the ferns, but I sure wish I was more like a rosebud. Right now I feel like the giant over-bloomed "lincoln rose" that's been sitting on Grammy's kitchen table for a month with petals sagging all around. hahaha.....
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home